PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING APPOINTMENT REQUEST
Intown Wellness specializes in the psychological evaluation/treatment of children 0-5 years of age (unless the patient requires the Katie Beckett Deeming Waiver or NOW Comp waiver and then the age range is 0-18).
- Therapy: Dr. Poulos is not taking patients for therapy nor do we have a current waitlist.
- Psychological Evaluations (3 Types of Evaluations):
We are very excited to announce that Intown Wellness has a new clinical psychologist. Dr. Basil Alrafati is now accepting patients for psychological testing (0-7 years of age). Currently, Dr. Alrafati is credentialed with Anthem/BCBS, Aetna, and Optum/United Healthcare. We anticipate that he will be accepting additional insurances within the next couple months! Please call our office at (404) 476-3535 with any further questions, thank you!Lastly, “Preferred Intown Wellness Providers” also include the following Clinical Psychologists who perform psychological testing. Please reach out to these providers directly via their listed phone numbers or websites:
- 1) Initial Diagnosis/ First Time Psychological Evaluations (0-5 years of age): Dr. Poulos is already committed for new patients with Medicaid Insurance requiring psychological evaluations through April 2024; however, some Private Insurance spots are remaining so please feel free to call (404) 476-3535 to schedule if you have private insurance. We will be opening the May-August 2024 calendar on 8AM on April 1, 2024.
2) Updated Autism Evaluations (children of all ages with current ASD diagnosis): If your child already has a diagnosis of autism and you are seeking an updated evaluation, please call to request a “CARS/GARS Plus Evaluation” appointment and we can typically accommodate you within 2-4 weeks. During these evaluations, we can also assess for additional co-morbidities, such as ADHD, in conjunction with ASD.
- 3) Katie Beckett/Deeming Waiver (KBDW), State Waivers, SSI, and NOW Comp Waiver Evaluations (0-18 years of age): If you are strictly seeking a Katie Beckett Deeming Waiver, State Medicaid Waiver/SSI, or NOW Comp waiver evaluation, we have openings starting next month.
- Dr. Tayler Turnquist (478-242-6763; www.peachpediatricpsych.com; Atlanta and Woodstock) specializes in psychological testing for children 0-6 years of age and is credentialed with all Medicaid plans, Cigna, United, and BCBS.
- Dr. Heather Cygan (770-758-7703; www.cyganpsychologicalservices.org; Atlanta and Snellville) specializes in psychological testing for children 0-16 years of age and is credentialed with all Medicaid Plans, United, UMR, and BCBS.
- Dr. Alleena Bennett (470-807-9147; www.summitpediatricpsychology.com; Stockbridge) specializes in psychological testing for children 0-7 years of age and is credentialed with certain Medicaid Plans (SSI, Caresource, Amerigroup, ), Anthem/BCBS, Aetna, and Cigna.
- Dr. Robin Rosenthal (404-556-4799; www.rosenthalpsychology.org; Atlanta) specializes in psychological testing and therapeutic services for children 4 years and older and is credentialed with all Medicaid Plans (SSI Medicaid, Amerigroup, CareSource, PeachState), Aetna, Ambetter, Anthem, Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO Only) Cigna, Humana, PHCS, Tricare, UMR, and United.